Business Development Director
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Business Development
Method is seeking an engaging Business Development Director to lead business development strategy and activities in our New York studio. He/she will primarily facilitate new outbound and inbound opportunities with Method's studios across the full range of our services. He/she is responsible for advancing new areas of growth for Method, in coordination with Method's local leadership and marketing team. The BD role spans across client categories, requiring a depth of experience and focus on insights, product design (physical, digital and hybrid), service design and brand experiences.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for creating and executing new business plans. This includes the establishment of industry target profiles, prospecting, proactively engaging clients, proposal writing/project planning and closing new business opportunities. He/she will advise the team on how to build long-term relationships with senior level executives and position Method as a trusted advisor. Other responsibilities include industry analysis, developing proactive approaches, developing unique points of view in collaboration with Client Services and Design teams, pitching to clients, and ensuring a smooth transition from closing the initial engagement to Client Services and Design teams.
- Identifies and develops new business relationships, creating pitch opportunities and obtaining new business wins in order to achieve annual new business targets
- Develops an ongoing pipeline of opportunities suitable for Method in excess of $4M at all times.
- Responsible for identifying potential new business leads, growth opportunities or future competitive trends
- Responsible for identifying and contacting client decision makers and to set up meetings to create leads and opportunities
- Responsible for managing, prioritizing and reporting on new business pipeline
- Collaborates closely with local leadership team to identify, pursue and close deals
- Generates and manages outbound and inbound business development outreachEnsures inbound opportunities are well-qualified -fit, budget, readiness, etc.
- Manages the proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation and the inputs from various sourcesLeads and orchestrates the in-person pitch -logistics, strategy of the pitch meeting, etc.
- Ensure Method's competitive advantage is clearly laid out, and help clients navigate the comprehensive challenges involved in innovation within complex global organizations
- Strategically guides Method's regional team towards a Portfolio Strategy, balancing the types of programs, types of clients, types of design challenges, etc.
- Executes against the Portfolio Strategy to help Method's studios achieve revenue goals, and your individual quarterly sales goals
- Builds initial and lasting impressions with clients who are interested in working with Method
- Leads the response inbound requests in collaboration with discipline leads
- Facilitates and communicate the new business funnel, providing accurate and timely reporting of all new project opportunities to the local leadership team
- Ensures closure on client communications to new projects, including decision-maker verbal/email approval on statements of work
- Gains understanding of client's business strategy, product/group service offerings, organization, processes, and decision-making structures
- Builds a world-class reputation for Method's innovation and design services
- Collaborates with our holding company, Global Logic, on BD efforts
- Deep understanding of scoping and selling programs in the brand, design, services design and overall digital space (product UI, website development, mobile, multi-platform applications)
- 10+ years of sales, business development, client engagement in a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional design firm, innovation consultancy or strategy firm
- Knowledgeable about design, technology and business and consumer trends in the digital space
- Thrives is a self-directed role and understands that successful collaboration with teams is critical to success
- Proven ability to close opportunities and to grow relationships up and across organizations
- Polished, persuasive, consultative writing and presentation skillsAbility to travel as needed
- Solid business acumen
- Problem solving nature that evidences itself in the ability to put together large complex proposals (not just respond to RFPs)
- MBA preferred
Cultural Fit Method"s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed. If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we"d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply