Business Development Director
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Business Development
Method is seeking an engaging Business Development Director to lead business development strategy and activities in our New York studio. He/she will facilitate new outbound and inbound opportunities with Method's studios across the full range of our services. He/she is responsible for advancing new areas of growth for Method, in coordination with Method's local leadership and marketing team. The BD role spans across client categories, requiring a depth of experience and focus on brand and business strategy, research, product design (web, mobile, and desktop software as well as digitally-enabled physical devices), service design, and branding.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for creating and executing new business pursuits. This includes the establishment of industry target profiles, prospecting, proactively engaging clients, proposal writing/project planning, pitching to clients, and closing new business opportunities. Other responsibilities include industry analysis, developing unique points of view in collaboration with Client Services and Design teams, contract negotiation, and ensuring a smooth transition to program delivery teams.
- Facilitates and communicates the new business funnel, providing accurate and timely reporting of all new project opportunities to the leadership team
- Identifies and develops new business relationships, creating pitch opportunities and obtaining new business wins in order to achieve annual new business targets
- Develops an ongoing pipeline of opportunities
- Collaborates closely with local leadership team to identify, pursue and close deals
- Generates and manages outbound and inbound business development outreach
- Ensures inbound opportunities are well-qualified: fit, budget, readiness, etc.
- Manages the proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation and the inputs from various sourcesLeads and orchestrates the in-person pitch -logistics, strategy of the pitch meeting, etc.
- Collaborates with our holding company, GlobalLogic, on BD efforts with local leadership, assists in contract negotiation for new clients
- Understanding of scoping and selling programs in the brand, design, service design and overall digital space (product UI, mobile, multi-platform applications)
- 6+ years of sales, business development, and client engagement in a multi-disciplinary, cross-functional design firm, innovation consultancy or strategy firm
- Demonstrated track record of closing business (at least 5 Million in annual revenue)
- Knowledgeable about design, technology and business and consumer trends in the digital space
- Thrives is a self-directed role and understands that successful collaboration with teams is critical to success
- Proven ability to close opportunities and to grow relationships up and across organizationsPolished, persuasive, consultative writing and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Solid business acumen
- Problem solving nature that evidences itself in the ability to put together large complex proposals (not just respond to RFPs)
- MBA preferred
Method's culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed. If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we'd like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply