Client Services Lead
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: London
- Team: Client Service
The Client Services team works to deliver an outstanding client experience – the experience of working with savvy, focused, smart, fun, talented people who are dedicated to delivering great solutions that delight our clients. The Client Services team actively works to deliver great service and support to their internal project teams as well as act as a client advocate - removing barriers to project success, anticipating project needs, facilitating constant communication, and keeping focus on the overall project vision.
As Client Services Lead you will lead Method's delivery efforts on projects for our clients. The team’s objective is to understand and support the identification of client needs and goals, and work with pursuit teams to establish the project approach and scope of work, develop and manage effective project work plans given the work effort, and to close business. You will be responsible for the quality of client relationships day to day, and oversee delivery teams in executing a quality solution, on time and on budget, exceeding client expectations. You will design, distribute, manage and monitor the progress of the work breakdown structure and tasks that lead to project execution, for both client and project team members. The As a Lead you will be expected to provide thought leadership and delivery leadership through communication of vision, smart decision-making, strong project planning and oversight, risk management and outstanding communication skills - to both the project team and the client.
- Drafts overall approach to projects and authors account growth strategies. Leads and is proactively engaged in implementing account growth strategies.
- Crafts program/client development plans and actively leads and participates in new business responses.
- Leads project team meetings, managing to agendas, ensuring that PMs take meeting notes (taking notes themselves when a PM is not staffed on a project), distributing action items, and coordinating follow-ups. When necessary, coordinates pre- and post-flight project meetings and documentation.
- Provides significant contributions to project team meetings and deliverables by ensuring that clients’ business objectives are represented and that the work product addresses project brief.
- Ensures that all client-facing presentations are delivered on time and are of the highest quality. This includes making sure that copy is proofread and that senior staff and project leads have time to review and provide feedback on material. Proactively leads effort with senior design, technical, and strategy staff to establish outlines and authors content for inclusion in deliverables.
- Establishes project plan and resource allocations and manages to and adjusts those throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Clearly communicates milestones and weekly project status to internal teams and clients.
- Proactively drafts Agreements. Ensures that proper paperwork (confidentially agreements, NDAs, etc.) is executed.
- Demonstrate and manage Method values within the practice, and across practices on client projects
- Lead project teams cultivate long-term account relationships
- Works with CS Directors to grow accounts and with Jr. CS team to run projects
- Position emphasis on leading projects, building relationships, handling clients, defining and managing scope and mentoring
- Demonstrates a very strong understanding for Method’s business and is responsible for identifying potential risk areas and developing appropriate mitigation plans.
- Manages PMs to calculate and monitor financial and operational aspects of projects, including scope and change requests, actual cost versus budget, and resource utilization.
- Works with Resource Manager to ensure that project is properly staffed using available resources and contractors when necessary. Communicates resource needs and appropriate durations to Resource Manager and Discipline Leads.
- Assists Client Services Directors with Operational tasks/reporting as necessary and is responsible for a set of reporting or operational activities.
- Actively support the development of strong relationships between multiple clients and multiple Method team members, while directing the project and remaining the hub of project communications.
- Develop and maintains client relationships and actively contributes to account growth strategies.
- Provides a professional demeanor in client meetings and a clear, confident ability to deliver verbal/written presentations to client. Clearly establishes meeting goals and leads internal and client teams to agenda throughout meetings.
- Demonstrates service-oriented behavior – e.g., respects internal review process, meets deadlines, handles negative internal/client feedback with professionalism and grace, produces professional-quality deliverables, etc. Is able to recognize when others on the team need assistance with this and helps to provide feedback to team members in this area.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding and respect for the client’s business and brand.
- Negotiates scope requests and change orders. Leads initial issue resolution efforts and knows when and how to appropriately escalate issues and involve senior leadership.
- Actively promote new ideas and better practices within the company through group and personal initiatives.
- Provides mentorship to the Method CS community on projects and across office, e.g. demonstrates solutions-oriented behavior; handles conflict with maturity and calm; facilitates tough discussions with diplomacy and empathy; rallies troops as needed; inspires passion and great work
- Sets an example for effective and positive collaboration with other disciplines, understanding and respecting other roles on a given project; retains a focused attention to CS practice, but has exposure to other practices (IxD, Strategy, VisD and Tech)
- Contributes to CS thought leadership, e.g. understanding common best practices, trends and emerging technologies; participation in professional industry groups
- Capable of leading teams, and helping individuals learn and achieve their goals
- Able to provide honest and direct feedback and mentor Project Managers and Sr Project Managers
The people that thrive at Method are curious, empathetic, rigorous, experimental and appreciate a holistic way of solving design problems in collaborative teams through rapid prototyping. Method’s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply