Senior Design Technologist
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Design Technology
Senior Design Technologist
Method is seeking creative designer/front-end developers to work closely with our clients and design teams, bringing world-class products to market for a variety of world-class clients, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The Design Technologist will work closely with our clients and design teams, bringing world-class products to market for a variety of prestigious clients, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for design and layout, and recognize the importance of the small details of well-executed design and layout. This position will predominantly focus on prototyping for end-user oriented applications that integrate with back-end systems. There will also be opportunities to develop for IPTV, in-car UI, wearables, other new and emerging platforms, as well as tablet and mobile devices.
The successful candidate will be able to contribute to co-design exercises and discussions with the wider design team and has experience of a range of project methodologies and architecting technical solutions. We are looking for a lead developer who can build applications at a prototyping level AND at a production level.
Design Technology candidates must be familiar with a multitude of web development frameworks and CMS systems, with demonstrated capabilities in at least two. This position will require interaction with clients, as well as close collaboration with Visual Design, Interaction Design, and Client Services teams.
- Prototyping interfaces and systems by developing client side code (some iterative, some production-ready)
- Working with clients' back-end teams on service endpoint implementation and communication
- Working closely with other Method team members to deﬁne customer requirements, formulate the design, and develop creative solutions
- Demonstrating best practices with well-structured semantic markup
- QA and bug ﬁxing/tracking
- Following and tracking changes in the technology landscape
- 4-6 years professional experience as in a technical role as designer/developer
- A high level of written and verbal English communication skills, including client communication and documentation skills
- Ability to ﬁnd efficient and effective solutions to complex problem and to keep up to date with new directions, changes, and trends in the technology landscape
- Expertise in modern client-site Web development with HTML5, CSS3/SASS
- Experience working with build systems such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack
- A strong attention to detail and desire for clean code with pixel-perfect implementation
- Working knowledge of at least one CMS (e.g.: Django, Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, etc.
- Experience using version control (specifically Git)
- Experience with HTML5 audio & video, as well as server-side languages, such as PHP and Ruby are considered a plus
The people that thrive at Method are curious, empathetic, rigorous, experimental and appreciate a holistic way of solving design problems in collaborative teams through rapid prototyping. Method’s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply