- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Design
Being a designer at Method means you seek to understand, find, and solve problems across disciplines, demographics, borders, and industries as part of a wider collaborative team. A designer's role here is to be a customer advocate, an honest partner with clients, and a creative problem solver through crafted execution. You bridge strategy into design expressions as we’re makers who think slow but act fast.
As a Creative Director at Method, you’re comfortable leading visual/IxD craft, design systems, and are versed in creative-strategic storytelling. You actively develop a breadth of experience and collaboration with Method’s other disciplines and business offerings: Strategy, Visual, IxD, Technology, and Client Services. As a T-shaped designer, you are cross disciplinary in skill-set, strategically driven, and creatively focused as part of the Method team.
Creative Directors work closely with the studio Directors to define and evangelize industry-leading design practices, applies those standards within the studio, collaborates across geographies to define practice standards, and advocates Method’s position within the industry at large. You will assist all disciplines in strategically translating the direction of a client’s business, brand, service, or product into creative solutions through design thinking and execution.
- Oversee the development of creative: harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, compelling content and technology
- Practice brand stewardship to ensure creative deliverables are representative of the project goals and brand values
- Stay abreast of internal design reviews (across key engagements) to maintain quality and mentor design teams, using this knowledge to provide senior-level design guidance across disciplines
- Partner with the studio MD and Creative Leadership team in hiring, mentoring, supervising, and guiding creative team members to fulfill their full potential
- Participate in new business pitches to win new clients, and help expand existing client relationships
- Advocate to sell creative work that inspires the studio and builds our portfolio
- Critically evaluate potential new engagements for appropriate fit
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand Method’s methodologies and service offerings
- Work with studio leadership across geographies and disciplines to establish and evolve design processes
- On key engagements, facilitate work-sessions for clients and the design team
- Continually enhance Method’s knowledge of the design industry and competitive landscape at large
- Educate the studio about the value of integrated design thinking as it applies to all disciplines
- Evangelize the perspectives of the various disciplines to foster collaboration across the studio
- Develop and represent your personal point of view internally and externally and share this POV at industry events, conferences, and through online forums
- Proven experience building, managing, and sustaining successful teams
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions
- 10+ years experience in design consulting, spanning multiple industries and project types
- BFA in Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication skills (both in conversation and in writing), with an emphasis on pitching and presentations, running work-sessions, and articulating and defending design decisions
- Proven track record partnering with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
Designers at Method are curious, empathetic, rigorous, experimental and appreciate a holistic way of solving client challenges in collaborative teams through rapid prototyping. Method’s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple disciplines and, in many cases, across studios and time zones. We seek thoughtful and friendly individuals who are smart, curious, well informed, and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. Method is fundamentally a collaborative studio and seek those that have the ability to listen, consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek Managers who can take direction as well as give it—who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply