Executive Creative Director
- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Design
Executive Creative Director
An ECD at Method is a dynamic creative leader who works in partnership with the studio Managing Director to co-lead a studio. As ECD, you will lead and nurture Method values and culture within the studio and across practices on client projects. You will strive to strengthen and broaden Method’s reputation both within and beyond the design industry and help grow business with new and existing clients.
- Drives the quality of digital product design projects holistically across UI, UX, Visual Design, Strategy, and Brand.
- Guides projects through all phases, providing mentorship to cross-discipline team members.
- Leads research & strategy project phases to develop insights that drive the experience strategy: e.g. Information gathering, attending workshops and work sessions, comparative/competitive audits; developing experience concepts; visual direction explorations, process capture, project documentation.
- Leads concept & design project phases to develop innovative design solutions: e.g. pro-active contribution to collaborative design/client work sessions, team brainstorming and sketching, synthesis of testing, creation of visual design routes, visual design refinement, process capture, documentation and prototypes.
- Ensure quality of production & technology across multiple projects to ensure effective development and delivery.
- Ability to communicate the value of design to clients in solving their business problems.
- Nurturing, growing and leading multiple client relationships.
- Recognized as a trusted advisor and inspirational leader for clients; able to mentor less experienced staff in client development skills.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and respect for the client’s business and brand, working to identify future opportunities to grow the client’s business.
- Demonstrates service-oriented behavior: e.g. respects internal review process, meets deadlines, handles negative internal/client feedback with professionalism and grace, produces professional-quality deliverables, etc.
- Provides cultural leadership to a larger group or network across Method
- Provides mentorship to the Method design community on projects and across office.
- Demonstrates solutions-oriented behavior; handles conflict with maturity and calm; facilitates tough discussions with diplomacy and empathy; rallies troops as needed; inspires passion and great work.
- Sets an example for effective and positive collaboration across disciplines
- Represents Method at relevant industry events to help drive Method’s reputation, encourage potential business, and recruit potential employees
- Demonstrates excellent judgment about business constraints and balancing the goals of Method and clients.
- Helps minimize employee attrition.
- Able to set goals and vision, and inspire and lead design teams.
- Recognized for quality feedback and advice; demonstrates sound judgment and able to provide guidance and valuable career advice to junior staff.
- Manages the team locally: e.g. develops and manages best practices for process, artifact creation, and team staffing; leads team meetings; facilitates global knowledge sharing; provides career mentorship; and recruits new talent with a focus on senior levels of creative personnel
We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated. Individuals who have the ability to be fast learners and develop points of view for a constantly changing product and service development landscape. We seek those that have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. At senior level, we look for leaders who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as get their hands dirty as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply