- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: New York
- Team: Strategy
Method is an international design firm specialized in creating brand, product and service design experiences. From our offices in San Francisco, New York and London, we serve clients – ranging from start-ups to household brand names – that expect a collaborative, engaging process and end-to-end solutions that are equally smart and beautiful.
Our Strategy team is responsible for driving strategic thinking and business insight for multi-disciplined project teams across diverse client engagements. For this design-thinking centered role, candidates need to have the ability to understand how design can support the creation of business value. This position requires an individual who is very comfortable with and experienced in working with interdisciplinary design teams.
- Work closely with Lead Strategist to address a broad range of challenges at the crossroads of brand, strategy, experience, and design.
- Designing and managing brand audits.
- Conducting brand definition and naming sessions and documentation including positioning(strategy & articulation).
- Develop product/service strategies.
- Help to develop project and creative strategies.
- Develop and apply frameworks for how to bring great (design) ideas to market
- Provide competitive analysis for clients, products & services, and industries.
- Participate in the process of stakeholder interviews.
- Participate in the process of requirements definition for products & services
- Coordinate with Research team to conduct, analyze and present primary research (in-depth interviews, focus group sessions, ethnographic research, usability testing).
- Conduct secondary research on best practices and market trends, lead the creation of analysis and tracking of marketplace, technology and consumer trends both within and across multiple industries.
- Analyzing data from quantitative sources and weaving different types of data together to arrive at larger insights or the bigger picture story
- Creative writing: thought pieces, sample outputs, and other forms of content to bring an idea to life or to guide teams in executing/implementing a brand
- Develop POV on trends and communicate them through internal presentations, blog posts, and external presentations
- Work with Business Development & Program Managers to support selling activities, structure appropriate work streams and overall work architectures, and coordinate with the essential client staff to execute against the project plans.
- Create budgets, schedules and timelines.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-5 years of job experience in a similar strategy role at a brand, innovation or design consultancy.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred, ideally with a concentration in marketing, or advanced degree in Marketing, Communications, Design, Economics a plus.
- Experience working in a design environment, on an integrated teamConsistently able to think on the spot, and keep informed across all markets served by the business.
- Ability to facilitate and manage cross-functional work sessions.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong (creative) writing and storytelling ability a must.
- Very comfortable with and skilled in analyzing quantitative information
- Track-record for working in a team-based, fast-paced environment.
- The ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
Method’s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply