- Commitment: Full-time
- Location: London
- Team: Strategy
Method is an international design firm specialized in creating brand, product and service design experiences. From our offices in San Francisco, New York and London, we serve clients – ranging from start-ups to household brand names – that expect a collaborative, engaging process and end-to-end solutions that are equally smart and beautiful.
Our Strategy team is responsible for driving strategic thinking and business insight for multi-disciplined project teams across multiple client engagements. For this design-thinking centered role, there needs to be the ability to understand how design can support the creation of business value and translate brand value through user experience. This position requires an individual to operate with a good deal of independence, ability to lead in a client or project situation, and is very comfortable with and experienced in working with interdisciplinary design teams.
- Work closely with executives to address a broad range of challenges at the crossroads of brand, strategy, experience, and design.
- Lead project teams in:
- Designing and managing brand audits.
- Conduct naming exercises (or manage outside naming vendor).
- Conducting brand definition work sessions.
- Developing brand definition documentation including positioning, strategy & articulation.
- Develop product/service strategies.
- Support project teams by:
- Helping to develop project and creative strategies.
- Provide competitive analysis for clients, products & services, and industries.
- Lead process of stakeholder interview.
- Lead process of requirements definition for products & services
- Coordinate with Research team to conduct.
- Analyze and present primary research (in-depth interviews, focus group sessions, ethnographic research, usability testing).
- Conduct secondary research on best practices and market trends, lead the creation of analysis and tracking of marketplace, technology and consumer trends both within and across multiple industries.
- Develop POV on trends and communicate them through internal presentations, blog posts, and external presentations
- Initiate business opportunities -- work with Business Development & Program Managers to support selling activities, structure appropriate work streams and overall work architectures, and coordinate with the essential client staff to execute against the project plans.
- Create budgets, schedules and timelines.
- Minimum 4-5 years of job experience in a similar Strategy role.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree, ideally with a concentration in marketing, or advanced degree in Marketing, Communications, Design, Economics a plus.
- Consistently able to think on the spot, and keep informed across all markets served by the business.
- Ability to facilitate and manage cross-functional work sessions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Track-record for working in a team-based, fast-paced environment.
- The ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
Method’s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.
If you are a curious individual that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.Apply